I seem to have developed an allergic reaction to Wal-Mart over the past few years. My husband will agree that I get cranky and my anxiety kicks in just talking about having to go to Wal-Mart. Well today I was forced to enter the dreaded doors because my daughters pre-school requires a gift card for a set amount to use towards supplies and snacks for the year. In my brief walk in and out for the gift card I was reminded all over again why I really do hate going to Wal-Mart.
10. There is always too much stuff packed in what should be the walk ways. (I’ve always wondered if that was a fire code violation?)
9. There are always several small screaming children and at least one parent screaming back as if screaming at an already screaming child is going to make the screaming stop. (Makes me what to walk up and scream at the parent to see how they like it!)
8. They put the toy isle too dang close to the “what I really came for” isle so my daughter immediately starts in with the I want mantra.
7. My husband gets bored and always wanders off with the cart, then I spend 20-30 minutes trying to track him down because he has my purse with my phone in it and I can’t call him to see where he wandered off too. (He gets lost because of #1 )
6. People seem to forget the lesson they learned as a kid (or maybe their mama never taught them) to stay to the right. They always seem to be right in the middle so you can’t get through the isle. Then they act like you slapped them and called them names when you say “excuse me” to get through
5. There is NEVER enough check out lanes open. Saturday afternoon there will be lines 10 carts back because they only have six of the 20 lanes open.
4. They got rid of the self check out lanes (I am forced to go to Wal-Mart for a few items that Target doesn’t sell, I loved skipping in and then checking out quick through self check)
3. Employees never seem to know where anything is and appear irritated that you stopped them to ask (reference #1, employees are confused too)
2. Never visit what is labeled as “Restrooms” They really should be labeled “the worst place on earth to suddenly have the need to urinate”. Even the whiff of them as you walk past is enough for me to hold it risking a UTI. Better to have a UTI from holding it then end up with the rotavirus!
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON I HATE WAL-MART…..
1. Nothing is ever in the same spot. They constantly move whole sections to total opposite sides of the store and it never makes sense, really who puts dog food between scrap booking and paper products?